Thursday, August 12, 2010

Holiday

Today is a holiday in Thailand. It's the queen's birthday. Yesterday at the factory where I have my office everybody gathered on the soccer field, listened to a speech by a local politician and sang some songs. I have no idea what they sang because I missed it. No one told me and half my staff skipped it so I wasn't aware something was going on until too late. Everybody else knew about it since it happens every year.

Also learned last week that the queen's color is blue because she was born on Friday. The king's color is yellow because he was born on a Monday. Each day has it's own color and it ties in somehow to the horoscope and more than that I don't know. Although I do know that Sunday's color is red, Tuesday's is pink, Wednesday's is green, Thursday orange, Friday, well, you know, blue, Saturday is purple.

The queen's birthday is also the day that we celebrate mother's day here in Thailand. So happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment